Before we answer the burning question—How long does a roof restoration take?—we should state, categorically, that restoring your roof on the Gold Coast is a very smart investment. It never fails to add value to your property.
You would be keen on roof restoration if you are a homeowner looking to make improvements to your home, or you are planning to sell your home.
Prospective home buyers are drawn to a pristine roof, like moths to a flame. Restoring the roof on your home for sale not only adds to the market value of your property, it just looks the real deal.
What’s Involved in a Roof Restoration?
- At Allcoast Roofing, we start out with some essential safety measures—installing temporary edge protection or safety harnesses. No cutting corners with any of our roof work.
- Next, we check that everything is water-tight, re-bedding and repointing ridge cappings as needed. Any broken roof tiles, ridge caps, or barge caps are replaced.
- Then we clean the roof, using industrial-strength water blasters. Built-up dirt and moss do not stand a chance. To clean leaves and debris from the gutters, we use a blower vac.
- Primer/sealer is applied (with time allowed for it to soak into porous tiles). Two or more coats of Roof Protect roofing membrane go on (in the colour of your choice). If you prefer a more glossy finish, Nano Glaze is an optional extra. Heat-reflective paint is another worthy option.
- The site itself is then given a thorough clean. Safety rails are removed. A final site inspection follows to make sure everything has been completed to the highest standard.
How Long Does a Roof Restoration Take?
Following are other important points about our roof restoration services at Allcoast Roofing on the Gold Coast.
How Much Does a Roof Restoration Cost?
The average roof restoration will cost between $2,500 and $4,500 plus GST. Factors that come into play for this variable cost range include the size of the home, the condition of the roof, and whether it’s single or double-storey.
How Long Does a Roof Restoration Last?
Our roof restorations come with a 10-year warranty. Done with the right preparation and using quality coatings, your roof restoration will comfortably see out the next decade. Gloss finishes will start to burn off after 6 or 7 years. Satin finishes last a little longer.
Why Allcoast Roofing?
Allcoast Roofing can certainly have your roof looking like a new one. We have been providing roof restorations all over the Gold Coast for more than 20 years. We also repair, re-paint and re-roof homes.
Now that you know all about the process, all you need to do is give us a call at Allcoast Roofing and get a quote for your roof restoration. Call 1300 ROOFER today.
You may also be interested in our previous post on roofing problems: https://www.allcoastroofing.com.au/how-to-deal-with-common-roofing-problems/